Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekened Fun!

Well, This weekend was a fun one! I will start with Friday.

Friday Jamie and I had a date night. I was looking through our starving student card to see if I can find any fun things to do for cheap, when I found the buy one get one free admission to the local skating rink. Now mind you I haven't been skating in YEARS! And Jamie has only skated a couple times in his whole life, but I thought it would be fun anyway, besides I thought, it is probably like riding a bike!..... Guess again. I can not tell you how hard it was to Rollerblade around this tiny rink ( is it just me or did those things look gigantic in Elementary school?) The whole night I never felt "comfortable". And poor Jamie was scooting around inch by inch. However he did a great job and I am proud to announce we both didn't fall once. I tell you though, I completely forgot how much Rollerblades hurt your feet! Plus the majority of the people on the rink were under the age of 11 so I was more concerned with killing one of the "little people" that were zipping all over the place! To all my Chico peeps, if you thought Cal Skate was ghetto, you have seen nothing until you been to the Orem Skating rink! All in all I really enjoyed it plus it was good exercise!

Saturday Jamie and I always sleep in (it the only night we get more than 5 hour's of sleep) so I was glad to wake up at about 10:30! Now since my B-day landed on a Sunday this year (thanks to the stupid Leap year!) Jamie was giving me most of my Presents on Saturday. Saturday was my spa day! I went and had a pedicure and a message, got some waxing done, and then finished the afternoon off buying a new pair of jeans that I desperately needed! THANK YOU BABE! Meanwhile Jamie was off with my little Bro Spencer at the BYU against UCLA Football game... that's right BYU SPANKED UCLA by winning 59-0 yes you did read that right, that is a ZERO!! The rest of that day was spent relaxing and watching some movies

Sunday was my 22 Birthday. Jamie and I have early morning church so we were up early and in church by 9:00 am. The night before I had made brownies for the 14-15 year old's that we teach Sunday school to in honor of my Birthday. After church we came home and took a nap. About 3:30 that afternoon Jamie and I had planned to go up to the Canyons to the look out point and then come home to make my Birthday dinner of BBQ Hamburgers, French Fries, and Corn ( really don't ask why this is my Birthday dinner, its not my favorite food, but it is what I have had since I can remember and tradition is tradition! At least thats what they say on fiddler on the roof :) Any way, the canyon was Beautiful and it was a nice drive. When I arrived home I was pleasantly surprised by a decorated house a people there to wish me a happy Birthday! That is right Jamie through me a surprise party! It was a lot of fun and we finished the night off with great Ice cream cake YUM!!! Thanks to all that made my birthday a great success and a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Zoey said...

Happy belated birthday Stephanie! Was that just this Sunday? My birthday was on the 6th! Woohoo, go Virgos!!

A few months ago I was home and found my roller blades and put them on to go for a skate. I love to go skating with my dogs! It's fun 'cause they like to pull me. =0) I came home and was so jazzed that I begged Alex to get in my dad's skates and come out with me. He obliged and oh boy was it funny. He's so scared on skates! He just never feels balanced. It was fun to hold hands and skate side by side though. He needed the support, while I was just having fun! Anyways, have a great rest of your week. I'm down in San Diego at a business conference and drive back up to Long Beach tomorrow. Can't wait to get home!

Stephen and Kristen said...

We had a great time celebrating your birthday! We're so glad to know you. xoxo