
SO I finally did it! I donated plasma! As most of you know, Jamie has been donating twice a week for sometime now, and it has been a great source of extra cash for us. Since we are trying to save money for our trip to Mississippi, we decided a while ago that I would try to donate as well. Unfortunately I am a bit of a chicken and have been finding excuses for months now. Saturday I ran out of excuses and woke up early just so I could get an appointment. When you are donating for the first time it is a very strenuous process. First off the place opens at 8, however if you are a new donor you have to make an appointment which is on a first come first serve basis, so I was told to be at the doors an hour early to make sure that I got an appointment. So there I was waiting in the freezing cold for an hour while I waited to make an appointment. Once I was in I started with the questions, exams, and other obstacles to make sure that I am cleared, healthy and have good blood! Then I go back to the lab and sit for an hour while they draw my blood, separate the plasma and then give me my blood back. From start to finish it was about an 4 hour process. From now on it should only take about one and 1/2 hours maybe two if it is busy. But I made 30 bucks and next time I will make 40. So not too bad. I was really nervous about how my body would react and if I would get sick. Mostly because the one time I donated blood I passed out in the bathroom of my school. However I was fine, the only time I felt a little light headed, was when the blood was being put back into my body, which they say is normal. The needle was HUGE though, I expected a longer big needle, but this needle was the size and shape of a Capri sun juice box straw!!And was a bit more painful then I had hoped for, but I survived just fine! Jamie was very proud of me, and will be there with me in the future!
Jamie is doing very well in his new major and continues to really enjoy it. He did very well on his first test for the new major, and I think that was the most exciting part for me. I am so happy to see him succeed, especially after having such trouble before. I am so proud of him, and I know he will continue to be amazing!
Thats all for now, hope all is well
The James'





3 comments:
Congratulations! After your previous post about plasma donating I did a bit of research to see if CA did this. I think you're right that it's illegal here or something. I couldn't find any good info on it.
Well good for you for overcoming your fear and getting it done. $40 bucks a week, much more a couple times a week, is awesome extra cash! When is your trip to MS?
Way to go, Jamie! Good luck the rest of the semester!
Good for you... I couldn't do that. Ever. I had a hard enough time with an IV.
Congrats on donating plasma. When I was going to culinary school I donated all the time for extra cash. The more u go the easier it becomes and I found the more water I drank the faster I could pump out the plasma. Happy that Jamie found something he loves.
Post a Comment