Saturday, April 25, 2009

Relationships



Last night Jamie and I attended an amazing fireside on relationships. Our friends in alpine, the colvins. told us about the fireside, and we were excited to go. The speaker was Barbra Jones, she is a pretty famous author and public speaker that has traveled all over the world. She had the most amazing life story from being a classical ballerina, to sharing very openly about a 12 year abusive marriage and having guns put to her head many of times. She eventually remarried, after her first husband committed suicide after put a gun to her head for the last time. She then became the women she is today and shared her wisdom on relationships. She uses mostly humor in her talks and had us all on the floor laughing. Jamie and I talked for awhile afterwards about what we learned and where we can improve in our relationship. I think ONE of the things I learned from the fireside was on the subject of humor. Barbra explained that when you want to teach someone you infuse humor in what you are teaching and by doing this, you rein gage the persons mind and then teach them some more, than more humor, then teach. You continue with this process and those being taught will learn so much more. This is especially true with children and really made me think about how I would like to really practice that with my children. Instead of being so serious, teach through humor.

Over all the whole fireside was amazing and I am really glad that Jamie and I had the opportunity to go

School is over!!!! YEAH!! Wednesday was the last day of finals and I am so glad to be done for a while. Now the countdown begins for our big trip in May, and we can hardly wait!! Jamie and I have also officially increased our hours at work, and are happy to have more money coming in.

That all for now

Love Stephanie and Jamie

3 comments:

Stacy said...

when do you go on your trip?

Stephanie James said...

May 19th

Emily said...

That sounds like such a powerful fireside. I am so sorry for the poor lady that had to live through all that, though. I wish that everyone could be blessed with a kind and gentle husband.