
This last week was definitely an eventful one! Currently I am taking summer school. Monday, Tuesday, and Friday I have class from 10 am to 6:30 pm, so I am really busy with school, on top of that my parents drove in from Chico last week with whats left of the family who reside at home (Shaun and Shayla).

Why the visit you may ask? Well my other brother Spencer, will be leaving on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in a couple of months, and had the opportunity to go through the temple for the first time on Thursday. Spencer chose to go through the Salt Lake temple(pictured above) for his first time so Jamie and I plus my parents traveled up to Salt lake. When we started the 45 min drive it was sunny and actually pretty warm outside, but as we traveled north the clouds darkened. All of the sudden it started hailing violently. I mean cars around us stopped and pulled over, not to let their windshield break (of course Jamie refused and thought it was the coolest thing ever) once that past it continued to rain for most of the day. The temple was great, and it was the first time I was with my parents in the temple since I went through for the first time almost two years ago. We all really enjoyed it.

After the temple, the whole family went to Rodizio's. For over a year now I have been telling my parents that they would love this restaurant, and we finally got to go! Rodizios is a Brazilian restaurant in Salt Lake city. The set up is amazing! There is a huge salad bar with the traditional salad stuff, but also, Brazilian side dishes. Honestly the biggest salad bar ever! Then men (who all speak Portuguese, which made Jamie so happy)walk around with huge spears of meat(example above). All in all there was about 14 different types of meat, and they carve you off what you desire, they keep coming around as many times as you want. The place is just a lot of fun, and you could make yourself sick with all the food. I usually just get the salad bar, because I am not a big meat eater, but this time I decided I wanted to try some of the meat, and there was definitely some amazing pieces of meat.
Friday we all just relaxed, mom Shayla and I did a little bit of shopping. I did more grocery shopping, while Shayla and my mom clothed shopped, but I did get a new shirt. The reason I got a new shirt was because, a couple months ago, I was at the mall with my mom (again for a visit) and there was this kiosk that you could enter a drawling for a free photo shoot and 9x13 pic from this great photographer! So I entered! A couple of weeks ago I received a phone call telling me that I didn't win the grand prize, but won a free photo shoot and a 8X10 picture! Tomorrow Jamie and I go to take the pictures, I hardly ever win something so I was pretty excited! I will let you know how it turns out, and might be able to post some of them!
Early Saturday morning the family left. Jamie and I went to our wards forth of July breakfast. YUM ;) Anyone who has spent anytime around Provo the week of the fourth, knows how serious Provo is about this holiday. There is a parade that morning and people camp out days before along the street, people get very territorial and every year fights happen! This year an 86 year old man punched another guy over a small spot on the grass the morning of the parade! Jamie and I both think it is ridiculous, so we barley go out side that day, and if we do, we go the longest way possible in order to avoid the crowds. Maybe when we have kids that will change, but we don't really see the point.

I do however like fireworks, so that night we went to the school, which is on a hill, so we could see the Stadium of Fire Fireworks. For those who don't know, the Stadium of Fire is this HUGE event in the BYU Football stadium, every year there is a concert, dancers and of course fireworks. last year Miley Cyrus performed and This year it was the Jonas Brothers. We couldn't hear anything but enjoyed seeing the fireworks!

Over all it was a good week. Jamie and I are so thankful for Family, Friends, and the freedoms we enjoy. God Bless America!!





1 comment:
Wow! Fun times! So I wanted to ask, is going through the temple something few get to do? Or is just that he's of the right age now? Sounds neat and special whichever reason it's for!
Alex and I will be making a visit in August to Utah. I think I'll try to see if the Boyles want to try that Brazilian place you mentioned! Is it terribly expensive?
I love fireworks too! We could see about 6 different shows from our balcony at home, including Disneyland's! None very close but we decided to avoid the crowds this year like you said, and stayed in. Nothing beats sitting right under them like you can do in Chico though!
Glad you had a great weekend and time with the family!
Post a Comment