Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day and more!

Well I would like to start this post by wishing myself a very Happy Birthday! LOL Sorry I couldn't resist! Today I am at school, but luckily it is my short day. We dont have any huge plans, especially since Jamies birthday is Friday, so we will celebrate a bit more then. But of course I cant have a birthday without my traditional birthday dinner of bbq hamburgers and french fries. I am sure I have mentioned this before but I will say it again, I have always had hamburgers and french fries as my dinner, I am not completly sure why, maybe because I liked when dad grilled things, but they aren't may favorite food or anything. Yesterday Jamie asked me, "If it's not your favorite food and you really dont know why you have them, why continue having them?" I thought about it for a moment and just said "It's tradition!" I have always been really big on traditions and what not and I guess I could change what we eat, but the more I think about it, then more feel that the day wouldn't be the same without it! So hamburgers and french fries is is. Except this year I am making homemade french fries that are baked, while Jamie grills me some burgers!

Labor Day was a lot of fun. First off Jamie and I didnt have work so we got to sleep in, which is always a much needed plus. I really wanted to do something active that day because it was such a nice day. Our friends the Colvins invited us to go hike up Bridal Veil Falls. Bridal Veil Falls is this great waterfall that you can climb up to in provo canyon! It was a pretty steep hike, but I really enjoyed it. Plus once we got to the top you could cool down from the refreshing waterfall! All pictures are curtosy of Kristen Colvin! I forgot my camera! Thanks Kristin for taking pictures for us!







These were all pictures of the waterfall from the highest point that you could climb up it was really beautiful!



This is jamie looking at the waterfall!





Jame and I at the end of our hike!



Here you get an idea of how high we actually were.



This is at the base of the waterfall. In this picture you cant tell but it was a pretty decent and steep climb to the top! Somepeople would take off their shoes and actually climb up the waterfall.

No comments: