So last night I was afraid the Internet would die, so I quickly wrote down my thoughts! But now I want to explain. I have always been on the hunt for healthy food, that taste really good, and that has substance. Before I was married it was easy to eat healthy because I was only preparing for myself, and I often had oatmeal for dinner. But then I met Jamie. Jamie loves food, he comes from a place and culture that is very much invested in food (and not the healthiest I might add) So needless to say I have struggled since we have gotten married to make dinners for Jamie and I that satisfy the healthy aspect as well as the taste for Jamie.
So that brings me to the blog www.skinnytaste.com! I am in LOVE with this site. There are hundred of recipes that take real food and the women who write it, just lightens the recipe to make it better for you! And she does it in a way that doesn't compromise taste. There is everything from dinners, snacks, and even desserts ( and real dessert at that, like brownies and cupcakes, not just some fruit cup) The last two weeks, I have made every dinner from this site, and I have not even begun to scratch the surface of recipes. Every single ones has been a hit!! I have not, not liked one yet!! Another great feature is that if you are on WW she breaks down the points so you know exactly the how much are in each recipe.
Here are some samples of what we have
Beef Empanadas
Chicken Divian (Chicken broccoli and cheese casserole)
Shrimp, zucchini pasta in a tomato sauce
Shepard's pie
Mac & Cheese
These are just a few to show that it is really good food, just lightend up. For a slimmer waist line!!
14 years ago





1 comment:
Thanks for posting that site I am going to check it out. I too struggle with cooking healthy things that Curbris likes. If I even mention a meal is healthy he freaks out. So I need more ideas on ways to trick him and the girls into eating healthy things.
Post a Comment