I have so many pictures to post, but for some reason, my computer struggles to load them to my blog, I have no problem with Facebook, but cant seem to get them on here. So I apologize for the lack of pictures. Julian had his one year check up this past week. It went well, we discovered that Julian has eczema, which is why you find all these lighter patches on his body (especially his face)luckily the doctor said that with some medicine cream the body will often correct it at this age! As for the regular charts he now weighs 21 pounds which is the 10th percentile and is almost 31 inches long (about the 51st percentile, and his poor little head isn't even on the charts, in fact it hardly grew at all it was the .01 percentile. We talked about that with the doctor, and he said at this point there is no concern as long as he doesn't go down in the charts then it is ok if he is small. And with all the "talking" Julian was doing in the doctors room, he said it doesn't seem to be effecting him. He watched in amazement as Julian lifted a toy as big as he is with one hand and carried it across the room like it was a rag doll. When the doctor left, Jamie weighed the toy to see how much he was holding and the toy came in at exactly 3 lbs.
Anyone who has a baby knows that when you to these "well baby" check-ups they usually have you fill out a survey answering yes, sometime, or no, to questions about development. The questions are focused on what is "normal" for that stage of development for the child's age. So anyway I was sitting there and filling out the form laughing to myself because the question they were asking were things Julian was doing at 6-8 months of age. Like... Holding on to furniture when bending down to grab a toy, and standing unaided. Julian started standing unaided by 6 months and was bending down to grab toys by himself when he was 9 months old. The doctor was so impressed with how advanced Julian was that he said it was pointless to come back for his 15 month check up since he is already past the stage and just make an appointment for 18 months! So needless to say Julian is cruising right along
I am going home in a little over a week for my mom's 50 birthday, so I am excited for family to see Julian, Unfortunately Jamie has to work and once again can't come, so we are sad about that. I am really worried about traveling with Julian this time. Last time he was 2 months and it was a breeze, but Julian doesn't sit still anymore, and this could be a challenge. I think he will do fine for most of the plane ride, but I am more nervous about the lay over in Vegas!! I think I might get one of those leashes they have for kids, I know that sounds bad, but I can't risk it. Vegas is a small airport but crowded and because it's Vegas, often a lot of wierd, or drunk people are around (or both for that matter). In fact every time I have a creepy situation with flying it was when flying into or out of Vegas. Julian is a fast little critter, and I just cant risk him running off, so I will have to resort to more drastic matters.
Well I guess that is all for now, I will keep trying to load pictures up hope all is well with everyone!!
14 years ago





1 comment:
I just flew to California with Bridget last month and it was definately a lot different than when I did when she was two months! All I have to say is bring LOTS of snacks and toys. You will do fine!
Post a Comment