I can't believe it has been so long since my last post! I realized that I am horrible at posting during big events/ holidays, the one time that my post probably matter the most right??
Christmas, was an amazing break for our family, especially Jamie. It was the first "real" vacation for him in almost two years. So needless to say it was way over due. A few days before Christmas we headed to California to spend time with my side of the family. It was the first time I have traveled with Julian, and Jamie, so I wasn't prepared for the amount of stuff we had, and this threw me all out of wack. Well to make a long story short,I not only left Julians Immunization card, which they check to verify his age since he flies for free, but I left his whole diaper bag, with his toys, snacks, diapers, and even some presents, in the car of the friend that dropped us off at the airport. Needless to say I was a wreck crying in the airport going through security. But all ended well. They let me pass with Julian (luckily he is on the small side so they believed me) and I had our friend send some of the presents to me. I had a bunch of wipes and diapers packed in suit-cases so that was good! Side note, if you ever need diaper and wipes they do sell them at the airport, at least the SLC one they did. In a package you get three diaper and a small thing of wipes, LIFE SAVER!!
It was really nice to relax with family we had Christmas Adam (the day before christmas eve, and Adam came before eve, therefore... ) this was a mini German dinner with Schnitzel since Christmas eve was a big German dinner at my omi's house and she doesn't do the Schnitzel she does the fish. This was great with my sister and her family and the cousins had a blast And then Christmas day was at home with my grandma and grandpa Fogleman, and Uncle Chris. That was great to spend time with them. Julian had a blast and is still playing with all the toys he received. Jamie was with us the first week, but had to leave for work, and Julian and I stayed a second week with my cousin who lives in NYC. It was great spending time with her, since we haven't seen each other in 4 years. We are six months apart and were really close when we were young. We had a great time and welcomed the new year in together!
Now that we are home it took me a couple weeks to get back into the swing of things. Julian had his 18 month check up and he is doing great. He is still on the lean side only in the 7% but he is gaining weight, and the doctor told us that in the next two visits or so, we can determine if that's just genetics, and he will be always be genetically lean. But his is growing tall in the 66% so above average. And the biggest hurray was that his head grew leaps and bound. Six months ago he wasn't even close to being on the charts with a head size in the .01% but now he is on the charts, on the low side, but nevertheless he made it on. We are really happy about that. That was the thing we were most afraid of.
Julian is talking up a storm. I am going to list all the words he knows, but I am sure I am going to miss a lot
1. water
2. night-night
3. dog
4. momma
5. daddy
6. couch
7. eat
8. no (still doesn't really say yes, says no for both)
9. bye
10. gentle (this is the word we use when he hits. He knows to wipe your cheek and say gentle)
11. banana
12. book
13.out
14. hot
15. cheese
16. please
17. Thank-you
18. yucky
19. stinky
20. ball
21. mine
22. cookie (blame jamie with that one)
23 brrr. (when we go outside and it's cold
24. Baby
25. Car
26. football
27. eye
That's all I can think off the top of my head, but there are more, especially since now he is starting to copy words that you say to him. His comprehension is even greater. He knows all the parts on his body and will point at them if you ask. He know about 10-12 different animal sounds, and knows what they look like. If he sees a cat he will go Meow, instead of saying cat. I can ask him to get me just about anything in the house and he will get it for me (ie diaper, cup, pillow, blanket ect..) He talks pretty much non stop, even if it isn't just gibberish. Still as active as always. We actually started sending Julian to Nursery a little over a month early. He was getting to distracting in RS. And the minute we dropped him off, he was off, and could care less about us! He is always happy when you are there to pick him up, but has no problem leaving you! Nursery has been a blessing, it is great to be able to really listen to a lesson again!
Well I think that pretty much sums up the last couple months... Until next time
14 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment