Tuesday, August 4, 2009

50th Wedding Bash




After work Thursday morning, Jamie and I jumped in the car with my mom, brother, and a friend to make the 12 hour drive from Provo UT to Chico California. The trip was long, but I think overall probably one of the best drives I have taken. The reason for the trip was for my grandparent 50th wedding anniversary! It was a lot of fun.

Friday was spent preparing and getting things organized. I was in charge of typing up my grandmothers wedding book, as well as the many newspaper clippings there was. Back then it was quite common for several different newspapers to print article about weddings. They were really fun to read, as they were very descriptive, and the language very funny.

Saturday was the big day! The party took place in Paradise which is above Chico more in the mountains. It was nice up there because it was about 10 degrees cooler than the valley. There were over 100 people at the celebration. It was the first time in probably 10 years that the whole family from my dads side was together. My grandparent renewed the vows, it was very touching and I think many shed a tear or two. After that we took pictures with the photographer and had a whole meal catered, which was very good. We ended the night with a replica of my grandparents wedding cake, with the original topper they have kept all these years.

Sunday my family went to church, and then my grandparent took the whole family out for lunch at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants! After lunch we said our goodbyes, and headed for the airport! I am still in school and had to be back for Monday classes.

All in all it was a great weekend with the family, and although it was a short one, it was time spent never the less! I am so glad that Jamie and I had the opportunity to attend my grandparents 50th, and I think in a way it caused a check in our marriage to make sure we were doing the best we could to ensure that we too see the day when we can gather our family together to celebrate 50 years of marriage!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa, for showing the way! Love ya

1 comment:

Zoey said...

Aw, that's awesome! Your mom asked a while ago about who catered our wedding. Do you happen to know who the caterer was? I wonder if it was the same as ours... His name was John something...

Oh and hey- I didn't mean to discourage you regarding your new minor. That's so awesome that you have the time to add it! I just wanted to give advice from where I stand at a staffing agency but didn't mean to put a damper on your awesome accomplishment. :)

We're headed to UT on Saturday! I hope the weather is nice!