Sunday, August 23, 2009

Found It!

Ok I found my camera again! I keep loosing it. SO I have some random pics of things I have been waiting to talk about until I found the camera!

My brother Spencer recieved his mission call a couple of months ago. He was called to serve in Peru! He gathered with his friends at our house, and then opened the letter via web cam with the rest of the family! It was very exciting and the anticipation was a killer!


The Letter! Unopened waiting to get the fam connected to the web cam


Spencer with his opened mission call to Lima Peru!


Spencer with the friends that gathered at our house for the big moment



Shortly after returning from Mississippi, our church ward was having a big camping trip for just the weekend. The campground was really nice and kid friendly. That night a huge storm came through. If you know Utah weather at all you know it can change very quickly. We were already in the mountains, when a thunder and lightning storm began! It was the biggest and closest I had ever been to lightning. It was very cool. Not long after the thunder, rain started pouring down super hard. Everyone ran to our tents! The picture is of me and Jamie shortly after escaping the storm. It didn't last long and we were soon back out by the fire, which survived oddly! I wish I could describe the lightning better, just know that it was pitch dark in our tent and when it would strike it was like someone turned on the light!



Jamie and I teach the 6 and 7 year olds at church. One week I brought my camera to take a picture of our group! They are a great group, and always keep us on our toes! Every week without fail we have 5 great kids there to keep us entertained, however, the one week I bring my camera 2 of the kids are gone. SO the picture is missing two boys named Jarom and Torin, from left to right there is Adelaide, Johans, and Isabelle!We really enjoy teaching this class and have learned a lot

No comments: